Advent is an ancient tradition. For at least 1800 years, Christians have celebrated Christmas not just as a day, but as a season - 4 full weeks leading up to a fateful night when God himself entered in and became one of us.
It's a time for reflection and for yearning, where we lean into the darkness of this world (and our lives) and ask God to break in again, today, the way he did in before, back then.
And this will be our very first Advent together.
So we celebrate by shifting - from Wednesday nights to Sunday mornings. We've spent 9 months learning how to have spiritual conversations; now it's time to experience early Christian worship, together as friends, in an informal "house church" kind of setting.
Maybe you'd like to join us?
- WHEN: Sundays (Nov 29, Dec 6, 13, 20) at 10 AM (9:30 for coffee and donuts)
- WHERE: The Cryder's place, in East Austin (4105 E 12th St #2, 78721)
- WHO: Kids, friends, you. Anyone is welcome, regardless of your spiritual convictions (or lack thereof)
- WHAT TO EXPECT: Something thoughtful, intimate, inviting, organic... and beautiful. We are exploring how Christ's birth matters for us today.
- WHAT IS EXPECTED: Just be yourself! There is no dress code. You can participate as much or as little as you like.
And we might have a Midnight Christmas Eve service (if enough of us are in town).
Questions? Email email@example.com or call / text at 406-529-5568...